Seared Drumsticks (korean)
Seared Drumsticks (spicy)
* Disclaimer: This is my best estimate, but I rarely use recipes (just like my mama). Feel free to adjust proportions according to your taste.
10 – chicken drumsticks
¼ cup – sesame oil (have some extra to coat pan)
1/3 cup – rice wine (Mirin)
3 tbsp – red pepper paste (gochujang)
¼ cup – soy sauce
1/3 cup – dark brown sugar
2 tsp – black pepper
2 tbsp – roasted sesame seeds
6 cloves – garlic (minced)
Spatter guard (recommended)
Large frying pan
13”X9” baking pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dry off drumsticks with towel. Make three 1” diagonal cuts along the smooth side of drumstick.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, and rice wine until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add red pepper paste and stir until dissolved.
- Heat non-stick frying pan to Med/High with thin coat of sesame oil.
- Place drumsticks in the pan. Cook for 3 min on each side.
- Place drumsticks in baking pan, pour the sauce from pan, and drizzle sesame oil evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve hot.