Dukbokgi (Rice cake in hot sauce)
36 oz size cup full of ttuk-ppuk-kee ttuk
(tube shape rice cake)
1-2 sheets fish cake, cut into bite size
¼ lb of meat
½ of an onion, roughly chopped
¼ of a cabbage, roughly chopped
¼ of a carrot - sliced,
1 green onion - chopped
3 tbsp gochoo jang (Korean chili paste)
1.5 tbsp gochoo garoo (Korean chili powder)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
2.5 tsp sugar
- Mince the meat into very small and thin pieces.
- On a pan, heat up some oil. When oil is hot, add ½ tbsp of minced garlic & 1bsp of soy sauce. Stir fry the meat until slightly grey.
- Put rice cake in a pot, add only enough water to cover the ttuk, cook until soft.
- Add gochoo jang, gochoo garoo, sugar, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, pepper and the meat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer until the sauce gets a little thick.
- Add vegetables and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put fish cake in and stir again. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Finish with green onion and sesame seeds on top.