Citrus Soy Sauce Silken Tofu
Serves 4 people
1 box of silken tofu (either Azumaya or Miozen brand b/c of the size. $0.99 at Koreana Market!)
½ cup of Ponzu Citrus flavored soy sauce
garlic salt to taste (or just regular salt, but i like garlic)
thin fish flakes (the kind that you put on okkonohmiyaki - japanese pancake. Ask the market people).
- Cut the tofu into squares (about 1inch x 1 inch x 0.50 cm. You can make it thinner and smaller if you like but generally for presentation sake its best to cut the tofu in ½ length wise and then cut the slices from there. Plus, silken tofu doesn’t cooperate very well, so its best to not cut it up too much. It breaks up very easily)
- Place tofu on dish, microwave for 3 minutes
- Take it out of the microwave and pour out the excess water that comes out
- Pour the ponzu sauce & salt on top, cover and microwave again for 1 minute
- Sprinkle the fish flakes on top when you bring it to the table.