- 2 orders* of any roast meat (Safeway)
- 1 bottle of whole clove garlic (Costco)
- 1 bottle of rice vinegar (Safeway)
- 1 bottle of sweet soy sauce (yoshida sauce or teriyaki sauce can work)
- Pepper (Safeway)
- Kosher salt (Safeway)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (Costco or Safeway)
- 1 bottle of chili garlic sauce (Asian Market or Safeway)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (Safeway)
- 1 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
Instructions for Roast:
1. Wash, then pat dry the meat with paper towel.
2. Slit several places in the meat with knife and stick slices of whole clove garlic in the slits.
3. Slather the whole meat generously with olive oil. Put Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and Montreal steak seasoning (not too much, as it tends to overpower the meat - just maybe 1 tablespoon.)
4. Heat the oven to 400 degrees and put the meat in when hot. After cooking it in the oven for 30 minutes, lower the heat to 325 and cook the meat. (Try not to open the oven door. If you want to check, I’d suggest putting a meat thermometer in to make sure it’s cooking inside)
5. Estimate about 12 minutes per lb of meat, but check constantly.
6. Take out the meat 10 minutes before serving and cover loosely with foil tent. (to bring the juice back to the meat)
7. Slice and serve with dipping sauce.
Instructions for Dipping Sauce:
1. Put all the dipping sauce ingredients into a pot, minus the chopped red onion and cilantro.
2. Bring to boil.
3. Turn off heat after about 3 minutes.
4. Add red onion and cilantro, then serve the sauce while it is still warm.