Ingredients - Mapa Tofu for 30 people
- 1.5 pounds Lean ground pork (Asian market)
- 1/2 small bottle Ginger powder (Safeway)
- 3 cans chicken broth large cans (Costco)
- 3/4 box corn starch (Asian market)
- 8.5 boxes pulmulone brand "chigae yong" tofu or other brand firm tofu (Asian market)
- 1.5 bottles oyster flavored sauce (Asian market)
- 1 bottle Sambal Oelek brand Ground Fresh Chili Paste 18-19 oz. jar or Lee Keum Kee's Chili Garlic Sauce 13 oz. (Asian market)
- 1.5 bundles green onions (Asian market)
- 10.5 cloves Fresh garlic, already peeled ones (Asian market)
- 1. Mince garlic (10.5 cloves)
- 2. Finely dice green onions (1.5 bundles)
- 3. Cut tofu into bite size cubes (size of sugar cubes) and drain water
- 4. Stir fry the pork with 6 cloves of minced garlic, salt, pepper, & ginger powder.
- 5. Season to taste.
- 6. Drain the fat (if the meat is lean, there is not much to drain)
- 7. *Start the first batch with 2.5 boxes of tofu to get a feel of this dish.
- 8. Use non-stick wok or non-stick pot; put on high heat
- 9. Pour 1 can of chicken broth (49.5 oz) and heat until it boils
- 10. Add 2 tablespoons of fresh chili paste
- 11. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 12. Add 1/4 of the cooked pork into the chicken broth
- 13. Add 4 oz. of oyster flavored sauce (1/2 cup)
- 14. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 15. Stir as it comes to boil
- 16. TASTE: based on its taste add more oyster flavored sauce or sugar or chili paste
- 17. Add corn starch mixed with water: start with 2 tablespoons of starch mixed with 4 oz. of water
- 18. Keep on stirring: this is very important that it doesn't get lumpy.
- 19. If it doesn't thicken enough, add another mixture of corn starch and water.
- 20. When it comes to a boil, taste again. Cooking is all about tasting with your eyes and your mouth.
- 21. When the sauce thickens and boils, add the drained tofu
- 22. Fold the tofu into the sauce in big strokes (meaning do not rapidly stir or the tofu will fall apart)
- 23. Cook on medium heat until it is boiling and the tofu tastes piping hot. As you are cooking, keep on folding so that it doesn't stick but don't break the tofu!)
- 24. Serve the tofu with minced green onions sprinkled on the top as garnish. *When reheating, you can microwave on the serving dish and then sprinkle the green onions right before serving.
Ingredients - Green beans
- 5 bags of French green beans (Trader Joe's or Costco)
- 12 cloves fresh garlic (Asian market)
- 2 bottles Oyster flavored sauce (Asian market)
- 1 bottle Clear Chinese rice cooking wine (Asian market)
- *Cook 2 Trader Joe bags or 1 Costco bag at a time
- 1. Turn on stove and add 2 tablespoon of oil to frying pan
- 2. Add 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 2 tablespoon of Chinese rice cooking wine
- 3. When the garlic is cooked, add 2 bags of Trader Joe's frozen green beans (or 1 bag Costco fresh green beans)
- 4. Add 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce and sprinkle some pepper
- 5. Continue to stir until looks fully heated; taste.
- 6. If it is not seasoned enough, add more oyster sauce
- 7. It is ready to serve when it tastes piping hot