This recipe feeds about 30 people.
- Shredded Pork (2 (40 oz) packages) IMPORTANT: remember to put it in the refrigerator and not the freezer
- Pico de Gallo (1 (48 oz) container)
- Tortilla (1 package of 30 big burrito tortillas)
- Salsa (1 (64 oz) container)
- Chips (1 large bag)
- Guacamole (1 pack of 4 packages)
- Sour Cream (1 (3 lbs) tub)
- Chicken Broth (for rice) (1 pack of 3 (49.5 oz) cans)
- Lettuce (1 pack of 3 heads of lettuce) NOTE:You can also buy 2 heads of lettuce from Safeway)
- Long Grain Rice (NOT JASMINE) (need 30 cups)
- Shredded Cheese (a total of 1 pound)
- Tomato Chicken Bullion (a cube of bullion per cup of rice) (comes in a box of 8 cubes for $.69)
Instructions (These instructions assume that you are doing the prep the night before.)
Prepare the pork:
- Slit meat pouches and heat 2 pouches in microwave for 2.5 mins.Take meat out of pouches and place in small trays (2 meat pouches per 1 small tray.)
- Loosely break apart meat, it does not have to be perfectly shredded.) Repeat steps 1 & 2 for all meat pouches. (If preparing night before, can cover with foil and store in refrigerator).
- Heat the pork in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 mins.
- Put in 4 half trays covered with foil.
- After pork is heated up, store into cooler.
- Use 1 spoonful (not heaping and not the big spoons) of bullion per cup of rice. Dissolve in hot water first before adding to the rice pot.
- Add chicken broth instead of water in same ratio to the rice - use finger technique.
- Add a bit more chicken broth compared to amount of water you would use since long grain tends to get dry.
- Cut each head of lettuce into 1/4 pieces. Wash outside (Don't peel off each leaf).
- Cut thin slice with knife, or keep in chunks and use Japanese slicer.Put it in the small aluminum half trays and into cooler.
Put the salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese into the coolers. Put the tortilla packs and the meat in rice coolers to keep warm.