Pork Roast tip
Here's a useful tip when you roast pork shoulder:
275⁰F for 8 hours if you want to shred (carnitas or pulled pork)
215⁰F for 8 hours if you want to slice (pork roast)
I've done 4lbs, 40lbs, and everything in between. I've done midnight-8am or 9am-5pm. Some general rules:
- Uncovered in aluminum tray
- No liquids, just meat
- Fat side up
- Use your favorite herbs or spices, I like to season it the night before
- Adjust to your oven (some ovens may not actually get to 215⁰F or way hotter) and figure out what time/temp works for your oven
- High elevation (Sierra lodge) may be different and require longer cook time.
- This is for pork. You can do this for beef if you want a well done beef roast.