No Image available
This past week many of the staff at Gracepoint Fellowship Church went on a retreat where we had extended time studying the Word of God with Pastor Ed and Kelly Kang. One night Vanessa made chocolate pudding cake (Jenny Shin's recipe) and it was really good. Here's the recipe for you to try at home. Also, as a side note if you have a recipe that people like (and relatively cheap and easy), I'd love to post it up.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Labor Intensity: Could do on your own
- 10 servings
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Total: not much $
- Mix the first six ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in greased bundt pan at 300 degrees until done using toothpick test (1 hour or more).
- Allow it to cool and serve
Tom's Tips and Tricks_______________
The most common mistake when it comes to baking is to overbeat the mix. Most people have the idea that they need to get rid of all the lumps. By overmixing, you allow gluten formation and develop an egg protein stucture which will make it "bread like." It's ok to have some lumps, it will not appear in the final product, which will then be tender and moist.